If your Texas Lone Star Card (Texas SNAP EBT or Cash Assistance Card) needs to be replaced, we can help. In this post, we will go over how to quickly get a Texas EBT Card replacement.
If your Texas Lone Star Card is lost, stolen, or damaged/not working, getting a replacement TX EBT Card is quick and easy when you follow our steps.
In addition, we will cover how long your replacement card will take to arrive and if you can track your EBT card in the mail.
This post will cover:
- Texas EBT Card Replacement Instructions
- Can I get a replacement EBT card the same day in Texas?
- How long does it take to get a Texas EBT card in the mail?
- How Do I reset my Texas EBT Card PIN?
- Texas EBT FAQs
However, first, we will explain what to do immediately you find out your EBT card is lost, stolen, or damaged.
After that, we will review the steps to get a Texas EBT Card replacement. This will include what to do when you call customer service and do not know your EBT Card number.
In addition, we will explain how to reset your Texas EBT Card PIN.
Lastly, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about the TX Lone Star card.
If you need help submitting a request for a replacement Texas EBT card, continue reading and follow the instructions below.
How do I replace a Lost or Stolen Texas EBT Card?
Here’s how to replace a lost or stolen Texas EBT Card:
First, if you suspect or know:
- Your Texas EBT card or card number has been lost or stolen
- Someone not authorized by you has gained access to your EBT card or card number and PIN
- Someone has gained information about your identity that may result in your benefits being stolen
If any of the above is true, follow these three (3) steps to get a Texas EBT Card Replacement.
Texas EBT Card Replacement Instructions
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to get a replacement Texas Lone Star Card.
Step 1 – Contact Texas EBT Customer Service
First, you must immediately contact Texas EBT Customer Service to report your EBT card lost or stolen.
You can contact them by calling the TX EBT Card phone number at 1-800-777-7328. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It is important that you contact Texas Lone Star Customer Service to deactivate your EBT Card. This will protect your Texas EBT Card account against potential benefit theft.
When you call the Texas EBT Helpline, the Customer Service representative will deactivate your card so that no one else can use it.
At that time, you can also request a new Texas EBT Card replacement to be mailed to you.
Step 2 – Request a Texas EBT Card Replacement
If you did not request a replacement card when you called TX EBT Customer Service to report your card lost, stolen, or damaged, then contact your SNAP caseworker and request one.
It is also recommended that you select a new PIN for your new Texas Lone Star Card at the SNAP office or assistance center.
Step 3 – Receive your new TX Lone Star in the Mail
Once your Texas EBT Card replacement has been ordered, your new TX Lone Star Card will be mailed to you. It will be sent via USPS First Class Mail to your mailing address on file.
You can expect your new Texas EBT Card to arrive within five to seven business-days. Your current TX EBT remaining card balance and PIN will transfer to your new card.
Can I get a replacement EBT card the same day in Texas?
Unfortunately, no, you cannot get a replacement TX Lone Star Card the same day.
However, the sooner you call customer service about a replacement card, the sooner they can mail one to you.
Generally, the replacement Texas EBT card takes about 5-7 days to arrive after you call.
How long does it take to get a Texas EBT card in the mail?
Once your new or replacement TX EBT card has been mailed, it will generally takes 7 business-days to arrive.
If you still have not received your replacement Lone Star Card in the mail after 10 business-days, here’s what you can do:
Contact the Texas EBT Customer Service Helpline at 1-800-777-7328 to check on the status of your card.
How to Protect Your EBT Card and PIN
As a reminder, SNAP and TANF cardholders are responsible for protecting their Texas EBT cards and personal identification numbers (PIN).
Additionally, it is your responsibility to report the loss or destruction of your EBT card to Customer Service to prevent the unauthorized use of your TX Lone Star Card.
If a family member needs to have access to your EBT benefits, contact your local Texas HHSC office about naming an Authorized Representative on your case.
Once you have done this, a separate TX EBT Card will be mailed to you. The new Texas Lone Star Card will be for you to share with the Authorized Representative you have selected.
Here are the steps you can take to protect your EBT Card and PIN from unauthorized use:
- Memorize the PIN.
- Never tell the PIN to anyone.
- Do not write the PIN on the card or card sleeve.
- Choose a PIN that is easy to remember but hard for someone else to figure out.
- Keep the EBT card safe and clean.
- Keep the black stripe on the back free from scratches.
- Do not bend or twist the card, or use it to scrape windshields or open door locks.
- Do not store the card near magnets, like handbag clasps, refrigerator magnets, or TVs.
- It is also not a good idea to place the card in direct sunlight (e.g. on the car dashboard).
How do I reset my Texas EBT Card PIN?
Your PIN is your electronic signature for your Texas EBT Card. It contains four (4) numbers.
It is important to keep this information safe.
Your Texas EBT Benefit Card will not work without your PIN.
If you forget your PIN or want to change your PIN at any time, follow the instructions below.
How to Reset or Change your Texas EBT Card PIN
To access your TX EBT benefits, you need a PIN. If you have forgotten or lost your Texas EBT Card PIN, follow the steps below.
To select a new Texas EBT Card PIN:
- First, call the Texas Lone Star EBT Helpline at 1-800-777-7328.
- When prompted, select your preferred language from those offered – for example, press ‘1’ for English.
- Press ‘2’ for “Card account information.”
- Next, you’ll have to enter your 19-digit Texas EBT Card number from the front of the card using your phone’s keypad.
- After entering the card number, you will hear a series of options, including options to create or change your PIN.
- Choose the option that says “Create a New PIN” – be sure to select the correct option.
- If you have forgotten your previously selected PIN, ignore the prompt to enter your PIN number and press the appropriate number to create a new PIN.
- After that, you will be asked to enter the last four (4) digits of the cardholder’s Social Security Number (SSN). Be sure to enter only the last 4-digits of the SSN.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter the 6-digit zip code associated with your Texas EBT Card.
- Finally, you will be asked to select your new 4-digit PIN. Enter a 4-digit number using your phone’s keypad.
Once you have successfully confirmed your new Texas EBT Card PIN, be sure to memorize this number.
It is important that you DO NOT SHARE this number with anyone.
Like when using a debit card, you’ll be asked to enter your Texas EBT Card PIN whenever you make a purchase using your EBT benefits.
Change your Texas EBT PIN by Mail
It is important to note that getting a new PIN makes the old one not inactive.
If you are unable to change or reset your Texas EBT PIN by phone, you can ask the Helpline to send you a new PIN in the mail.
The new PIN will arrive in the mail in about 7-business days.
Texas EBT FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions about Texas EBT:
What Fast Food Places Take Texas EBT/Food Stamps/SNAP?
The Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) is a federal program that enables qualified elderly, disabled, and homeless food stamps recipients to buy food at authorized restaurants. Any state or county can enroll in the Restaurant Meals Program.
The purpose of the program is to help expand food access to those who do not have a place to store and cook food, who may not be able to prepare food or who don’t have access to a grocery store.
Not all states participate in the RMP.
Currently, the Restaurant Meal Program is running in the following states:
- New York
- Rhode Island
Unfortunately, the state of Texas does not currently participate in the Restaurant Meals Program. We will update you as soon as the Texas joins the program.
Can you shop with Texas EBT Card online for Delivery?
Yes. As of October 2021, you can use your Texas EBT card to make purchases online for pick-up and/or Delivery at the following grocery stores:
- Brookshire’s Food and Pharmacy
- FRESH by Brookshire’s
- Joe V’s Smart Shop
- Spring Market
- Super 1 Foods
Is there a Texas EBT App?
Yes, the Texas HHSC has created a mobile application, called the “Your Texas Benefits App” to make it easy to access benefits.
Your Texas Benefits is for people in Texas who have applied for or receive:
- SNAP food benefits
- Health-care benefits (Medicaid and CHIP)
- TANF cash benefits
With the Your Texas Benefits Mobile App app, you can perform the following tasks by phone:
- View your cases
- Manage account settings
- Send files to the HHSC
- View alerts and case history
- Report changes
- Find HHSC benefit offices
Texas EBT Card Replacement Summary
Here’s the bottom line about Texas EBT Card Replacement:
First, to get a replacement Lone Star EBT card, must immediately contact EBT Card Helpline at 1-800-777-7328 to report your EBT card lost or stolen.
Next, Customer Service will deactivate your EBT card to protect you against potential benefit theft.
After that, a new Texas Lone Star Card will be mailed to you.
Your Texas EBT benefit card will not work without your PIN.
If you forgot your PIN or want to change it at any time, see the steps listed above.
We hope this article on the Texas EBT Card Replacement Instructions was helpful to you!
If you have additional questions about your Texas EBT Card or the Texas SNAP Program, please let us know in the comments section below. We’re here to help!
Also, be sure to check out our other articles about Texas Food Stamps Texas EBT, including:
Texas EBT Card FAQs
How to Report Food Stamps Fraud in Texas
Texas EBT Phone Number – Speak with a Live Person
Texas EBT Card Balance and Login
Free Admission with Texas EBT Card (60+ Locations)
Texas EBT Card Discounts and Freebies
Texas EBT Deposit Schedule for 2022